POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rotate list : Re: Rotate list Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotate list
From: Josh English
Date: 13 Nov 2001 16:30:41
Message: <3BF190D5.B6524466@spiritone.com>

>     Surely there is a better way. Am I missing something obvious?

I can't imagine a faster way to type it. As for the parsing of the
scene, I don't know if it's faster for the scene to creates the matrices
and multiply them or let POV-Ray do it automatically.
Plus, your method allows you to line up rotations around any axis if you
use vaxis_rotate.

The problem you have is that your macro requires all six parameters, and
if you only want two rotations you still need to have z,0 as the third
pair of paramters. Optional parameters is on my wish list for POV-Ray 4.

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom